SUGGESTIONS AND TIPS FOR SAFE TRAVEL - Olivias Blog

Saturday 28 March 2020

SUGGESTIONS AND TIPS FOR SAFE TRAVEL

After the event in Rome, when I was about to run out of documents and money, I started to pay more attention to the issues related to my own safety and the luggage I travel with. If I had done more than that I would have avoided some unpleasant situations that I have gone through over time. But it was good because those situations made me more vigilant. From my own experience, I come today with some tips for safe travel.

Don't go without insurance

I never went on the "it won't happen to me" principle, so I always traveled with medical insurance. Be cautious when you go out and make sure. If you leave with hold luggage in which you know you have valuables, make insurance for it too. It's unpleasant to reach your destination without the trolley you left with, and in case of loss or delay, you can receive compensation. If you are planning a long vacation ahead, for example in the summer for New Year's Eve, consider reversal insurance. So many months can happen. Reversal insurance covers, among other things, aspects related to the cancellation or interruption of the trip.

Take care of your luggage

Apart from insurance, you can personalize your hold luggage so that when you arrive at the destination and you have to pick it up, do not confuse it with another, you or someone else. If your trolley has a dark color and a slightly confusing shape, you can tie a colored ribbon or stick a sticker on it. It would not be wrong to put a lock to him, for any eventuality.

Keep money, cards, and deeds in safe places

One of the most important tips for safe travel is this: Take care of documents and money!
Until I went to Rome I didn't think about another place where I could keep my money and documents, apart from my wallet. And the wallet was to stay elsewhere if not in the backpack? But when you pack your backpack and you're in a crowd, things can happen that will ruin your mood or even ruin your vacation. I wrote here about how I was about to run out of paper and money at a subway station in Rome. brixton to gatwick taxi

In order not to get into this situation, think of a safer alternative than the wallet. For me, the alternative was a leather bag around the waist, which I later bought from the Decathlon. I still carry it and thank me.

And regarding the documents, make backups that you are trying to keep elsewhere, not in the same place as the original documents.

Stay in a good area

Personally, I prefer accommodation in the city center, even if they are more expensive. They offer easy access to tourist areas and exempt you from the care of public transport. But most importantly, it often gives you greater security. You can safely wander at night, and the return route to the hotel is no longer a problem.

Therefore, inform yourself before choosing your accommodation area and put a price on your safety and those you travel with!

Choose carefully the restaurants you eat

For this advice, it is good to take into account all your trips, but especially in the ones, you do in the hot season. Then it is the period when the preparations go very quickly, and if you are not careful, you can pro corp yourself with food poisoning of all beauty. If you do not want to stay in the room while others are jogging or visiting the city, open your eyes. Find out which are the best restaurants in your area, read the reviews of the people who served there and carefully choose your dishes.

Be careful and what you buy on the street and take into account the conditions under which the respective products are prepared and kept.

Take your first aid kit with you

Whether it is in the form of a box, bag or even a plastic bag, the first aid mini-kit should not be missing from your luggage. Put some anti-inflammatory, soothing or some digestion medication in there. You do not know how to get a headache, teeth, tummy or cold in the cold season. Otherwise, it is good for the kit to come with the health insurance I told you in the beginning. Especially if you know that you suffer from certain conditions that can sometimes get worse during your trip.

Leave valuables at home

Your favorite jewelry, expensive watches or gadgets are better to stay home. As a tourist, you will go to crowded places that you do not know and do not want to attract too much attention. Everywhere there are people whose basic occupation is theft and I don't think you want to be one of the victims.
I used to travel all the time with my laptop to have a place to download the photos. But now I leave it at home because I have found another solution - I take more SDs. This way I no longer look after the laptop, and the luggage is easier.

And something else ... when you go to the restaurant, try not to get your camera and phones on the table. I know you're eager to see how the pictures turned out, but it's better to wait until home. You don't know-how, in a few seconds of inattention, you can run out of them.

Don't miss the return flight

Yes, I know! There is always something to see or do! But think there will be more opportunities. Try to get to the airport on time so you can board and keep beautiful memories of your journey back. How do you do that?

Prepare your luggage early and find out the timetable of the means of transport that will take you to the airport. If you're going by taxi, be sure to order and pay attention to how busy the city is at the time you leave. And if you don't like it too much, think of a plan B or an alternative route, in case there are road accidents.

Tips for safe travel - The problem of terrorism

Unfortunately, the terrorist threat is one of the reasons why you get to bypass certain destinations. Being cautious is fine, even if you can't predict the next incident. So for your protection, try to avoid the crowds generated by concerts, parades, etc., wherever you are. Crowds are uncontrollable and thus expose you to more risks. Be calm and avoid violent people. If, however, you are caught in the middle of an incident take shelter but do not remain indifferent to those you can help.

No comments:

@way2themes